DUETS Project Manager
DUETS Project Manager
Ballet Cymru is seeking a dynamic Project Manager for the D.U.E.T.S programme (Delivering Unique & Exciting Training Strands), delivered in partnership with Rubicon Dance, and funded by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation and The Arts Council of Wales.
DUETS was a 3-strand programme of work devised and delivered by professional ballet company, Ballet Cymru, and community dance organization, Rubicon Dance, from 2012-2015. The programme was designed to give access to tailored dance training and participation opportunities for dancers and communities in Wales.
The 3 strands have worked both independently in their own right but also linked with each other to create a rounded and consistent programme of dance training. DUETS aim was to fill an identified void in areas of dance provision in Wales, particularly targeting people living in areas of poverty and those who have had minimal opportunity to experience dance and the arts.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the administration, coordination and management of the Explore & Test stage of an exciting new phase of DUETS starting in 2017, with possible subsequent roll-out to a Wales-wide longer-term programme. We are looking for a self-motivated, highly organised and experienced individual committed to working with people of all ages and backgrounds, from diverse community groups to professional artists, to carry out the following;
- Day to day operational management of the project through to completion
- Manage project budgets & expenditure
- Work closely and reporting regularly to the DUETS partnership team at Ballet Cymru and Rubicon Dance
- Inform funders and write reports
- Have excellent communication skills, liaising with partners, host venues, artists, parents and their families and those involved in the programme.
- Contract administration and schedule activities for artists and teachers
- Learning & evaluation of the project: gather data and evidence and liaise with an external Evaluation consultant
- Work with the DUETS steering group on the current Explore & Test stage and assist in the planning of a longer-term sustainable programme, utilising the data to develop a handbook that will support a national roll-out of the programme
A Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) is essential for this post, as is a flexible working arrangement; the Project Manager will be based at Ballet Cymru’s premises in the Newport area of South Wales, but the role may include evenings, weekends and occasional overnight stays. The ability to communicate in Welsh is highly desirable, as well as a clean full drivers’ licence
Length of contract: 12 months fixed term (with possible extension following review)
Contracted hours: 22.5 hours per week
Pay: £14,040 pa (£23.4K pa pro rata)
Deadline for applicants: 12 noon Monday 16 October 2017
Start date: ASAP
To apply, please download the application pack here: DUETS PM RECRUITMENT PACK OCT 2017
Or request a DUETS application pack from Jenny Isaacs, Administrator, Ballet Cymru, stating the Job Title
email email@example.com Tel. 01633 892927
Post: DUETS, Ballet Cymru, 1 Wern Trading Estate, Rogerstone, Newport NP10 9FQ
Please note: unfortunately we are only able to respond to applicants who are selected for interview
Ballet Cymru is an equal opportunities employer
This notice is also provided in Welsh
Alternative accessible formats are available on request.
Charity No.|Elusen Rhif. 1000855
Registered in England and Wales as Gwent Ballet Theatre Ltd. 02535169
Cofrestredig yn Lloegr ac yng Nghymru Gwent Ballet Theatre Cyf.. 02535169Back to News