DUETS External Evaluator Consultant
DUETS External Evaluator Consultant
Ballet Cymru wishes to appoint an External Evaluation Consultant to support the D.U.E.T.S programme partners, Ballet Cymru and Rubicon Dance, to assess, evaluate and learn from activities undertaken as part of the DUETS year-long Explore and Test phase 2017-18.
DUETS (Developing Unique & Exciting Training Strands) is an exciting project funded by Paul Hamlyn Foundation and the Arts Council of Wales. The pilot DUETS project ran for 3 years from 2012-2015 and aimed to address inequalities in access to ballet for children and young people in Newport and Cardiff. The evaluation of the pilot demonstrated its success in helping many young people find a new path in life. However, to fully understand and exploit a potentially bigger and national DUETS programme, we need to dig deeper into evidence and evaluation through a second stage pilot to ensure we are capturing everything we know to sustain a larger DUETS programme.
The work will enable us to re-look at how we are addressing inequalities of opportunities to access and participate in the arts, to understand how we could do this better, and to implement new methods in developing a framework which may help achieve the programme’s goals more successfully in the future.
The role of the External Evaluation Consultant for the DUETS programme is to:
- Advise on methodology for recording evidence of impact and learning against the evaluation framework
- Assist in the analysis and formatting of reporting
- Identify key success factors and challenges;
- Act as a ‘critical friend’ to the project checking and challenging progress and facilitating review days, round table meetings and reflection sessions;
- Build our capacity in relation to evaluation and learning;
- Explore potential partnerships that might enhance the research base of the programme;
- Contribute to final report/publication
- Build on the existing evaluation framework to explore the potential of a longer-term project to be rolled out across Wales;
- Work closely with us to maximize the learning accrued throughout this pilot project and subsequently share it with the wider sector through our dissemination plan.
- Monitoring and evaluation skills
- Relevant evaluation experience and evidence of successful outcomes
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the arts in Wales and familiarity with the Welsh Government aims and objectives for children and young people
- Knowledge of community dance and inclusivity, equality and diversity issues
- Awareness of current arts practice across Wales and the UK.
- An understanding of the needs of all participants, partner organisations and sections of the community, promoting equality and diversity
- Knowledge of not for profit organisations
- Enhanced DBS
- Ability to communicate in Welsh
- Clean, full drivers licence
- To be a strong advocate for DUETS and promote the Programme’s brand and identity
Length of contract: 8-10 days over 12 months of the programme
Fee: £8K (incl. all work related expenses: travel, accommodation etc.,)
Location Home-based, but be able to attend key meetings/events in Wales
Deadline for applicants: 12 noon Monday 16 October 2017
Start date: ASAP
To apply, please request a DUETS application pack from Jenny Isaacs, Administrator at Ballet Cymru, stating the Job Title: External Evaluator
Download here: DUETS EVAL RECRUITMENT PACK OCT 2017
Email email@example.com Tel. 01633 892927
Post: DUETS, Ballet Cymru, 1 Wern Trading Estate, Rogerstone, Newport NP10 9FQ
Please note unfortunately we are only able to respond to applicants who are selected for interview
Ballet Cymru is an equal opportunities employer
This notice is also provided in Welsh
Alternative accessible formats are available on request.
Charity No.|Elusen Rhif. 1000855
Registered in England and Wales as Gwent Ballet Theatre Ltd. 02535169
|Cofrestredig yn Lloegr ac yng Nghymru Gwent Ballet Theatre Cyf.. 02535169Back to News